our house: the master bedroom







Thank you guys for all of your sweet words about our living room last week. I was unsure about sharing our house here, even though it's the reason I was inspired to start a blog in the first place when we bought this house (I just didn't get up the courage to share anything for the first year and a half!). So... much more of our house decorating adventures to come this year.

Here's the next room of our house, the master bedroom. Q made the bed for me as a post-wedding present (along with one nightstand so far), and the beautiful dresser was handed down from his parents.

My inspiration for the room is tropical and slightly British Colonial (hello, old dresser). Awhile back I blogged about being inspired by these bamboo nightstands, and I'm still trying to channel that look in here. But first, I need to go through all of the paper/ junk currently stuffed into that poor dresser. I'm working on it.

15 comments:

gina said...

Beautiful. I love the natural light and the soft colors. Posting pictures of our new house {rental, not bought} is something that has been on my blog to-do list for a while. I just always feel like I am not done with the decor...but I guess you're never really done :).

Heather said...

Hi Alli,
It has been forever & ever since I posted on your blog! :(
Your bedroom is so sweet & unique! I love it! The bedspread is so pretty! You have wonderful taste!
I hope you are doing well!
Heather

Stacey Sargent said...

I Love your dresser so much! Your house is looking wonderful!

PS. Got the watch yesterday! Love it! It is already packed up to move with me to Chicago, but I will take a pic and send to you when I get there! :)

Casa e Cose said...

You have a huge bedroom! Well i live in Barcelona - all rooms are tiny...Love the light!..oh and you have a cat!

Unknown said...

How did you hang the pretty, flowy fabric above your headboard? I have been looking for something to do above my bed forever and I love this!

Truly Smitten said...

such a lovely sweet bedroom! love it

Chaucee said...

What a beautiful and calm place. The colors are lovely!

and flowers pick themselves said...

this is a truly lovely space. thanks for sharing!

xo Alison

fashion consultant for men said...

That bedroom is done in a fabulous style. The colors are all in sync with everything in that room.

christine, just bella said...

What a beautiful, peaceful room, makes me want to take a nap :)

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Alli, this is so cute, and so you! (And Q, I'm sure) It's a vulnerable place to share your home on the blog, isn't it? But it's inspiring, encouraging, and a reminder that bloggers are real people with our own lives : )

Kimia Kline said...

Alli it takes guts to share bits of home on our blogs. Koodos to you. Although, everything is so beautiful and inviting I don't know why you'd ever be nervous. :) SO amazing Q made the bed btw. Is he a carpenter??

Kayla Poole said...

So fresh and light, Alli! It looks incredibly inviting. The more personal photos and life tidbits I share on EB, the braver I become about sharing our whole house. It's the one thing that still feels nerve-wracking! I suppose it's because so much of who we are and what we choose to surround ourselves with is translated there.

kribss said...

thanks for sharing- love looking into other peoples spaces!!! love the light and how calm everything looks.

Jennifer Young said...

your house is gorgeous!
j.

Post a Comment