bamboo nightstands

I've come up with some new ideas for finishing our master bedroom (my inspiration is nature, tropical, safari, travel, nautical). My plans are already driving my husband crazy and I had to make him re-hang sheers above our bed three times. But, we're making progress and after envisioning our nightstands, I came across these photos of bamboo side tables that are just what I had in mind:

(1 Patrick Cline via Lonny April, 2 Style at Home Aug 08 via dress, design, decor)

Aren't they fun? I love the clean, simple look of the frame, but have no idea where to find them. So we're thinking about making a wood version, and lining the shelves with bamboo place mats
to give it texture (like the nightstand above that has cool textured shelves). Let's hope it works.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never been particularly drawn to bamboo, but these are wonderful. thanks for sharing.

xo Alison

kribss said...

and must go and check out a cup of jo {http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com} she's giving away a sailor's knot- to go with your nautical theme :)

_ffyona said...

I like the frame looks too. I hope you can find your desired one. Making one sound like fun too!

this free bird said...

Alli - This looks like a Williams-Sonoma home dream. I totally recommend mixing in the bamboo pieces for texture and, as odd as it might sound, maybe even some Asian inspired pieces. I live by the beach in Southern Cal and we have a white, navy blue nautical type theme in the living room, but also mixed in a couple Asian pieces with a seagrass rug over the dark wood floors - looks sharp and is a very relaxing room. You can never go wrong with bamboo! Good luck in your quest! Can't wait to see a picture!

Cassi said...

I just love that first photo of the nautical-inspired room! I've always been a huge fan of two twin beds in a room, but just haven't been able to convince the hubs to make the change. ;) We painted our front living room that same blue/gray on the walls and it looks fantastic. I saw some similar bamboo tables at Ross recently. Maybe they still have them? Looking forward to seeing your finished room! Good luck!

Unknown said...

it would be so cool to make one! you must share the diy tips if you decide to go through with it :) i love the look but i don't think i'd be able to resist the urge to paint — maybe bright red or crisp white?

kathie said...

i am lovin the drapery against the paint colour on the walls in the top photo; so light, clean and airy looking, it invites me :)

Engracia said...

Love the first room Alli, bamboo and nautical, pure genious. The bamboo side table is beautiful and I like the butterfly in the silver frame, really lovely. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Engracia
xx

Bonnie said...

ooooohh so gorgeous! looking forward to seeing your results!

have a wonderful weekend!!

xoxo,
Bonnie

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

I love your idea! These are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Where can I find that table?

Post a Comment