weekend inspiration: baum kuchen

To end the week I wanted to share one of my favorite new sites, Baum Kuchen, created by wakako from glass half full. She's a dear blog friend, and has created this lifestyle site that includes her beautiful photography, a blog with recipes & ideas, and a curated shop with goods for the home.




(photos by baum kuchen)

I love the story behind her site. She draws inspiration from Japan (where she was born) and Germany (where her husband is from). I actually just ordered some of her German weck jars, shown in the photo above. Oh, and she is also 10 months pregnant right now! And still doing stuff like this.

PS. We're going to a group picnic at the zoo this weekend. I've never been to the Detroit zoo before! Hope you have something fun planned.

10 comments:

and flowers pick themselves said...

have fun at the zoo! gorgeous post.

xo Alison

RedRedOrange said...

I LOVE the zoo, I could watch the groundhogs, tigers and penguins for hours! I am off to check out this new blog.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you the zoo too, haha. We went there a couple weekends ago. It was really hot that day so most of the animals were hiding in the shade. It was still fun though to walk around (and people watch).

Cassie said...

Love the zoo! My absolute favourite thing to do if I can. Hope you have a lovely weekend
xx

Quindome said...

Ohh! Good blog/site suggestion! Always in the market for something like this!

this free bird said...

seriously. this is basically brilliant. when i am more coherent i am definitely exploring further. 10 months pregnant? sending good ju-ju delivery her way. xo

OneCraftyFox said...

This just all looks so lovely! I am German and my hunny is Asian :)

Hope you and your sweet friend have a lovely weekend.

Kristin said...

that lemon bread looks delicious! i'm going to have to check it out.

Carissa Thilgen said...

what a lovely site! that lemon cake looks fabulous! I had to do a double take-- a double read-- when I saw that she is 10 months pregnant! wowie! I think I would just be lying in bed, haha.

anyhoo, hope you had a wonderful time at the zoo!

wakako said...

Alli!

Thank you so much for sharing the baum-kuchen with your world. I am so glad that you like the site since I love your sensitivity towards style and design! I have more goodies to share on the shop and so many ideas for stories to be photographed and captured! I can't wait to get back on it.

I also hope you enjoy the weck jar! We use them for everything around the house and their look never gets old.

Hope you're having a great week and the beginning of wonderful weekend.

-wakako

Post a Comment