road trip + weekend


My brother moved to Illinois this week, and we've been planning a quick trip out to visit him and see him get installed at his new church for a year-long vicarage. Q is staying here for training exercises on base, so I'll be riding along with my parents and already have my bag stocked with new books from the library (very excited about this! ha).

My brother is a grad student living on his own for the first time (no more cafeteria food), so I've been helping him get started and figure out grocery shopping, etc. It's really fun because I finally have someone willing to listen to me ramble on about coupons, bargain shopping, and weekly meal planning.

I've started putting together a care package box for him with basic goods like paper towels and cereal, to save him from buying it at the pricey grocery store there (the only one within 30 miles of his small farm town). Cannot wait to give it to him and see his tiny apartment! Hope you have a great weekend.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

What church will your brother be at?

Randomly, I am from Illinois and my husband and I got married (and attended) a Lutheran Miss. church in Chicago!

Have fun...and if you have any questions as to what to do or where to eat, let me know! Happy weekend!

this free bird said...

this sounds like a great weekend. i'd totally have my books packed, too. they're such good friends :)

have a great one!
carrie

wakako said...

aw.. what a sweet siblings you guys are! You reading list looks lovely! Wishing you a very nice weekend!
xo
-wakako

Jillian said...

What books did you rent?

alli/hooray said...

Hey Stephanie, he is in Buckley but I dont't recall the name of the church yet!

Hi Jillian, most of the books are shown above...weekend sewing, printing by hand, and martha's sewing encyclopedia. All very good so far.

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Um, cute! That is so sweet of you, what a fun project. : ) Have a great time!

Heather said...

What fun family time! And new books from the library is always a plus! I hope you all had a fun and safe trip!
-Heather

Kristina said...

The books sound lovely and your care package box is too cute! Hope you have a nice roadtrip!

Unknown said...

How sweet of you!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

What a fun weekend! Your books are calling my name :)

Cassi said...

What a great sister you are! If he can't make it to the grocery store that often, tell him to buy a giant jar of peanut butter. It's filling + you can put it on just about anything, for any meal/snack. ;)

Post a Comment