his+hers: weekend indulgences



One great thing about where we live is that for me, Ikea is right down the road, and for Q there's a Coldstone - his favorite - right in our subdivision. Their cake batter ice cream was definitely his guilty pleasure this weekend because he (okay, we) had it twice.

My indulgence was the latest issue of The Nest magazine. I went to the bookstore just to peek at the feature on Emerson's beautiful house, but ended up going home with a copy because the entire issue looked good.



And surprise, there was an article with organizing tips from bloggers, including Brooke herself! (the other half of his+hers). So sweet to see her words in print... right below another great blogger, Jen. See photo above to read their advice.

13 comments:

Little Gray Pixel said...

Ooh, I like both indulgences. OK, maybe the ice cream just a TINY bit more. ;-)

Brooke said...

ha ha ha... I agree with Little Gray Pixel. tee hee hee. Thanks for the shout out homie and giving me the heads up on the Nest Issue. Didn't know it was on news stands. xo

gina said...

I am excited to get this issue of nest - EmersonMade is one of my favorites. We also live near an Ikea, which can be dangerous...

Heather said...

I have never read the nest before. I have heard of it but just never picked it up to look through it. And don't you just love it when a blogger that you "know" is in magazine! It is like you know someone famous! ha!
have a great week, Alli!
-heather

Sarah Engel said...

I just discovered your blog, i LOVE it!!

Kayla Poole said...

Ahhh and now all I want is cake batter ice cream. glad you had a good weekend :)

Casa e Cose said...

Those are some great tips! Have to check it out and yes i have a craving for IKEA right now...I neeeeed to go! I should go with a girlfriend though cuase going with my husband is a love kill. We and every other couple I know allways end up fighting. Every time!

jen jafarzadeh said...

I had totally forgotten about that interview (eep, thanks for the reminder!) have to go run and get a copy. ice cream dates are the best, I agree.

Gloria said...

that emersonmade feature was really lovely, as expected!

jennifer little said...

BEST UP + COMING BLOG!!! Yay!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I'm not sure if we get The Nest in Canada, but if not, I may just have to order myself a copy. It sounds fantastic (and I've heard mention of it all over the place lately...)

size too small said...

dying- i bet emerson's house was amazing.

b said...

Hi Alli, thanks for the sweet comment! :) And I envy your close proximity to Cold Stone...we have a Marble Slab in town (same company), but it's a good half hour drive + no-parking-so-add-on-a-ten-minute-walk away. Not helpful for when I'm craving some good ice cream! :)

Post a Comment