woodward avenue...




Last week my friend Allie took me to see Owl City + Mat Kearney in concert at the Fillmore downtown and it was such a good show. We opted for front row balcony seats so we could grab drinks and sit to enjoy the show (instead of standing on the main floor), and it was awesome. Not to mention the Fillmore is old and beautiful, with pretty chandeliers and a domed ceiling.

We kept snapping pictures as we walked downtown Detroit, it really is a beautiful city full of potential and it made me appreciate it all the more. Hopefully we'll visit more often... the Eastern Market is a good excuse to go again soon. Enjoy your weekend!

11 comments:

Jaime said...

I love the Fillmore's marquee! Happy weekend to you Alli!

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

glad to hear you enjoyed the owl city concert!! i saw Owl City at (coincidentally) the Fillmore in San Francisco! the fillmore in detroit looks like such a lovely venue!

kimbirdy said...

i love owl city! and the word "hooray!" :) so glad i discovered your blog, it's really beautiful.

Jordana @ White Cabana said...

Detroit is 2 hours from me and I have yet to go. Must try and squeeze in a visit soon.

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Glad you enjoyed the show~ Happy Weekend!!

xo, chrissy from the perfect palette.

k said...

ohhhh mannnn that sounds like it was a lovely concert. I think sitting with drinks where you did is definitely my speed!

Casa e Cose said...

oh how fun - concert and friends! Need that too :)

this free bird said...

Mat Kearney's pretty great in concert, right?? I've seen him a few times and really enjoyed his shows (aside from some ego but hopefully it's waned...)

xo,
C

Kimia Kline said...

ive been hearing such wonderful things about detroit lately. lots of artists moving in, etc. it looks so beautiful.

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Glad you had fun! Love the photos of downtown. I've never seen Detroit!

Gina_AcuteDesigns said...

Detroit IS such a beautiful old city. I think it deserves a comeback :).

Post a Comment