saturday in downtown

We finally made it to the Eastern Market in downtown Detroit this past weekend. It was a bit overwhelming to choose from so many booths, since it spans nearly 6 blocks, but overall it was fun to explore for the first time. Below are a few photos we took...




We left with our hands full of cucumbers for making pickles, brightly colored peppers, & big bunches of irises, among other things. Then afterward, I convinced Q to stop at the Milano Bakery down the street, where we shared a sandwich & cupcake that was so hard to actually share.



And finally, we did a few other things while downtown, like visit the art museum & walk to the Paris crepes cafe (thanks, Krystle for the recommendation) for our second dessert of the afternoon. We ultimately decided that all of the walking we did that day entitles us to at least another week of limitless desserts. I'm kidding! (not really).

14 comments:

Alicia Clinton said...

how fun! these look like such fun places! ps speaking of military passes, are you or your husband in the military??

OneCraftyFox said...

Oh, I wish I was with!!

christine, just bella said...

Oh, this sounds like the perfect day... I love going to markets - even if you don't buy anything!

alli/hooray said...

Hey Alicia! Thanks for asking, my husband is in the Air Force. Proud AF wife here :)

oh, hello friend. said...

your market pictures are really lovely! i love weekend markets!
so cool your husband is in the air force! :) xo.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun!

Casa e Cose said...

You over there just make the best sandwiches. The best! Anywhere you go you can get a great sandwich...Vail, NY, California...yummi sandwiches!

this free bird said...

Oh wow. This sounds (and looks) like a fantastic day. The food is unbelievable. I don't blame you for almost not wanting to share that cupcake. Long live desserts!! (all week long!)

xoxo,
Carrie

gina said...

This looks fun. Detroit - who knew?! I guess I am one of the many that hear so much negativity about Detroit on the news that I forget things like this happen there!

Where My Heart Is said...

Sharing a cupcake always sounds like a good idea until your start eating it...

and flowers pick themselves said...

lovely photos! i adore the flowers + food.

:)

xo Alison

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

What a fun day! I love how you take advantage of your surroundings. I can't wait to be married and have relaxing weekends with my hubby!

Kir said...

Love the pictures. We tried to find Eastern Market YEARS ago when we lived in Eastpointe, and we drove around for a long, long time before just giving up. :(
I'm glad you found it and had such a wonderful day.

Lana {lanalou style} said...

Wow, looks amazing! What a great day out :)

Post a Comment