morning in manhattan





On our way to Newport, Q made a spontaneous detour to Manhattan. We'd been driving all night long (my crazy idea to maximize time - travel through the night + take turns driving/sleeping), and happened to be going through White Plains, New York at 7 in the morning. I started the "what if's..." and before I knew it Q was headed into downtown Manhattan, right through Central Park.

We paid $40 to park for two hours, jumped out of the car with no time to change clothes or put on a pair of contacts. We walked through Central Park, took lots of photos, stood under a big tree while it rained, and ate a really good bagel. Our first ever visit to NYC, and it was pretty awesome.

18 comments:

Jaime said...

Your whirlwind NY adventure sounded like tons of fun!

kelly said...

Fun! I love spontaneous detours!

Unknown said...

Aw, this spontaneity makes me happy! I love little things like that - the best!

Bethany Suckrow said...

jealous! That sounds like so much fun. I've been dying to go to New York because I've never been either. Someday. :)

kate said...

what a perfect visit!

AgathaMChristie said...

That's perfectly adorable.

Unknown said...

This is the sweetest post from you guys!

wakako said...

I love the spontaneous adventure! Awesome and you two are so cute in the picture:)
xo
-wakako

Brooke said...

awesome detour! Way to go Q. Love it. I'd say that's 40 bucks well spent and the best detour ever! xo

Claire Gibson King said...

ohh you look great!! SO, happy you got to make a little visit to NYC!

Kayla Poole said...

aw, HOORAY for the impromptu detour! So so thrilled that you two were able to experience my city, albeit for just a couple of hours. I must say, I think you nailed it with Central Park and bagels...two of New York's best!

Brittany said...

Yay, how exciting! Random adventures are the BEST!

Erin Lian said...

Cute!! I am glad you had a bagel, I am sure it is the only way to start the day in NY:P
<3

Gloria said...

The bagels here really are amazing :-) Glad you were able to swing by for an impromptu visit!

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Ah, first trip! So fun! That top photo looks straight out of a movie. And I laughed at your photo caption, awesome.

Kimia Kline said...

oh my gosh alli, what an adventure!! i love doing things like this :) totally spontaneous and unplanned. i hope you guys get a chance to go back to nyc sometime....its definitely my favorite city.

manon 21 said...

j'adore New York.

bel été

manon

Anonymous said...

Well then I have to say that no sleep plus excitement has never looked quite so good! Loving all of your travel pics! And your glasses are SO adorable. I'm jealous!

Post a Comment