greenfield village inspiration


More photos from Greenfield Village! (in case you're wondering, it's a huge park here dedicated to American history). It's definitely a lot more interesting in person than in these photos, but I thought I'd share them anyway because I left feeling super inspired by all of the design and creativity there.

We were both fascinated by Thomas Edison's research laboratory where he tirelessly worked to create new things - his goal was to make one major invention every 6 months, and a small one every 10 days! Go Edison. Above are shelves full of bottles spanning the entire length of the lab (I loved this...).


Adorable tiny brass candlesticks that you could make in one of the machine shops. I'm obsessed with how cute they are... wonder where else you can find them?


Snapshots from some of the "shops"...the pottery shop where they were turning clay, a loom in the weaver's shop, and cute notions + paper bags from the General Store.


Utilitarian lights in Edison's house vs. romantic fixtures in the women's hat shop : )


And finally, my dream turquoise shutters on the Wright Brother's house...so lovely.

14 comments:

amanda jane said...

Alli! Those bottles are a treasure! love them.

Gloria said...

I love how collections of old bottles look! And the turquoise shade are so cheerful - who knew the Wright Brothers were so stylish? :-)

Val said...

Wow, those bottles are so impressive and the blue shutters make me happy!

christine, just bella said...

I totally want one of those tiny brass candles - adorable.

Melanie said...

I love that wall of bottles. Such great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

There's some great inspiration in these shots - the simplicity of the bottle collection and the gorgeous turquoise shutters against the bright white. I love the light fitting too - so unexpected in pink.

ailinh said...

Wow, that is definitely a place to check out! Edison was da man.

size too small said...

looks inspiring- reminds me of colonial williamsburg.

Lisa Maria said...

I love all the old glass bottles! Definitely on my to-see list.

Erin Lian said...

Greenfield Village looks so much fun! I can see why you are inspired!! Though hearing about Edison makes me feel lazy :P I liked the shutters too :D
<3

_ffyona said...

Love the turquoise shutters!

Tash said...

Love all the bottles, amazing! Such inspiring photos, and those turquoise shutters make me smile :)

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

This is awesome! Way to celebrate your state; I love the photos!

Kristen said...

I love Greenfield Village!! I remember spending the night there in 3rd grade.
I grew up in Brighton (just north of A2) and graduated from Eastern Mich. So happy i stumbled upon your blog! Now following. :)

Post a Comment