thoughts & in the kitchen



(images: recipes from elephantine)

We had a quiet weekend here at home spending time together, and thinking about the people affected by the tragedy in Japan (it is devastating. and we're continuing to pray). I also spent some time in the kitchen, and maybe it's because spring is so close, but I've been more in the mood to cook and bake new things lately.

I've really been enjoying food posts like Rachel's from Elephantine. Her photography is simply beautiful, and I love having a visual step-by-step, even if it's for something as basic as mac and cheese.

7 comments:

k said...

I think spring brings out the chef in me as well - so fun to make new light healthy meals!

Unknown said...

All of these things look absolutely delicious! :)
*Ashley {a little dash of ash}

Gloria said...

totally agree! love her food posts - they definitely inspire me to whip up delicious goodies in the kitchen :-)

rachel said...

aw, thank you, alli! I'm so glad you like the food posts :)

Anna @ IHOD said...

I am with you Alli- its so hard to think about Japan and how much they are suffering and having your hands tied here.

Thanks for sharing these delish recipes!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Those meringues look marvellous!

busma said...

i love her food too!! and the way she pictured "the making of" her cooking

Post a Comment