new years in traverse city







To celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary, we took a spontaneous trip up to Traverse City over new years. I have family there so I've been many times, but this was my first time playing tourist, and there was so much to do both downtown and in the village.

TC is a great foodie town with lots of organic food, bakeries, and of course cherries. Being a waterfront town, it's also a great spot for fish. We ate lunch downtown at Scalawags (fresh battered fish + chips!), and had dinner one night at Apache (more fresh fish!).

And the highlight of our trip was going to the historic State Theater on new years eve to see a movie, and then browse the local bookstore until the Cherry drop at midnight. Yes, they had a giant lighted cherry at the center of town, hanging above the Christmas tree, with live music. It was the perfect way to ring in 2011 and begin our 5th year of marriage.

12 comments:

Anna said...

that shop window makes me want to whip up a whole mess of paper chains to decorate my house!

alli/hooray said...

Isn't it awesome? I got so excited when I saw that window display!

size too small said...

what a cute town- looks like so much fun!

jennifer little said...

Alli, I totally received and gave a Crow watch for Christmas! So funny! My husband saw it on the blog and bought it for me, and I bought one for a friend.

Alicia Clinton said...

how was the king's speech? i heard it was good!

kribss said...

congrats on the anniversary! i can not get my husband to take me tc- might have to be a girls trip!

Kimia Kline said...

i love playing tourist in cities i already know well. there's always something new to find. and many many congratulations on your 4 year anniversary :)

Lavender Playground said...

I went to see the King's Speech as well, it was great!

and flowers pick themselves said...

i adore spontaneous trips. this looks lively!

xo Alison

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Sounds so fun! Happy anniversary! And congrats on 4 years! : )

Cassie said...

Happy belated anniversary! I love having the chance to play tourist and do things like that. It sounded like a wonderful New Years Alli.

xx

Heather said...

what fun! you took gorgeous photos! it looks like such a cute place!

Post a Comment