weekend inspiration

Blog: The New Domestic, a new-to-me site found through papernstitch. Food, crafts, decorating - Nerissa Goco & Peter Hoang definitely make domestic life look blissful, not to mention their blog content is all original.

(photos by The New Domestic)

Blog Post: A New Old Home, by fee-amore. This tiny (500 sq. ft) 2 bedroom pre-war apartment was beautifully renovated, with the original character of the space still preserved. So charming, and the best part is that it has secret compartments everywhere!

(photos by Made by Two)

Flickr set: quilt planning, by kelly mccaleb. Little fabric squares and a sketchbook - oh, does she make quilt planning look fun (if only I liked doing the rest of it!).


Shop: Linea Carta. They offer things like custom love letters, sealed with wax and written in beautiful calligraphy.


PS. This weekend is a girls' weekend, so we'll make sangria, get crab rangoon takeout, and chat endlessly, sans boys.

10 comments:

kribss said...

thanks for sharing new blogs! i love kelly mccaleb's quilt patterns but wish she would just sell me her quilt. she has a cute blog too:
http://kellymccaleb.typepad.com/my_happy_little_life

have a great girls weekend ;o)

simplesong said...

great round-up! thanks for sharing ... must check these out.

_ffyona said...

Thank you for including my little post as an inspiration! I am in love with their secret built ins, and still in disbelief that apartment is only 500 sq ft! And thanks for sharing other inspirations too. Looks great! Have a great weekend up ahead Alli! It sound awesome! I am gonna do some rounds of shopping, checking out new places and girly talks over the weekend! :)

Melissa A said...

Happy Weekend Alli! I like your new posts here on Friday. Thank you for posting about that apartment space on Fee-AMore, it is amazing. I read her blog too, but sometimes I miss posts because there are so many blogs to look at. I hadn't seen the New Domestic blog either. It's pretty cute. Hope you have a blast for girls weekend!

Anna @ IHOD said...

thanks so much for sharing these new fun links! Love Fiona-such a sweetheart and such a good post.

Have so much fun with the ladies:) Going to catch up on some girl sister time myself:)

Sarah said...

I love finding new blogs and hope you have a fun weekend. Thank you for sharing.
Sarah

Rachel Follett said...

Oh what great links to check out! Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend!

Amanda said...

Just found your blog..somehow!
Wanted to tell you that your blog is fabulous. :)

Melissa said...

love linea carta. thanks for the links!

Jordana said...

Oh, those letters are so beautiful! How can I convince someone to send me one? :)

Post a Comment