his+hers: movie night


Ever since our very first date (to see Hitch!), Q and I have loved watching movies together and will go on a date night at the theater or rent at home whenever we can. We stayed in Friday night after Q got home from Pittsburgh and decided to rent one of each of our picks.

He definitely picked better than I did! Love & Other Drugs had a compelling story but apparently they forgot to work in a clothing budget for the movie. The Next Three Days, though, was way better than we expected and was a great mystery/action/suspense film. Those always seem to be a hit for both of us - enough action for him, and enough mystery/emotion to keep me interested.

We also enjoyed some of this awesome chocolate caramel popcorn that Q brought home from his trip - SO good and of course I loved the packaging:


(His + Hers is a weekly series that Brooke (from Pure & Noble) and I started as a way of sharing random peeks into our daily lives. Feel free to join in on your own blog if you'd like!)

16 comments:

k said...

i love the movie recs, i have wanted to see love and other drugs but haven't even heard of the other one!

birdie to be said...

What a cute post. I love movie & date night. Those are such similar movies as to what we would be choosing... although we have yet to see either of them.

www.birdietobe.blogspot.com

Gloria said...

there's nothing better than snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie - hubs and i get a lot of use out of our netflix account :-) i'll be adding "the next three days" to our queue!

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

What cute packaging! Glad he's home and I love movie nights too!

Claire Gibson King said...

I love Movie Night, I did movie night on Saturday and watched Hereafter...it was pretty good.

Vasu said...

nice!!....i din like love and other drugs much either!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

Erin Lian said...

I love movie nights too! Popcorn is in such cute packaging I would probs have tried it heehee. I feel the same way about Love and Other Drugs, would not want watch it with my Gran heehee
<3

Cat said...

Ha! You know, Andy {the hubs} is a way better movie picker than I...I always seem to pick duds :)

Oh, Hitch, now that is a funny movie...what a perfect first date memory!

xx Cat brideblu

Bethany Suckrow said...

hubs and I do the same thing! I've seen both movies and enjoyed them. :)

kelsey williams said...

I love this insight into your life! :) We do his + hers fashion on my blog every other week...so fun!

Sandy a la Mode said...

i totally want to see love and other drugs! and i still need to join in on this his and hers series sometime!!

Stephanie said...

your post is up!! thanks again!
ps i loved love and other drugs. the chemistry between jake and anne was craaazyy

francine said...

hahaha my friend said the exact same thing about love & other drugs!!! she was like, "anne hathaway was naked like... THE WHOLE TIME... it was really awkward and annoying"

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Movie nights are the best. I've only watched Love and Other Drugs and I quite liked it.

Stephanie said...

haha, my husband and i saw hitch on our first date too! and i totally agree about love and other drugs...could have used some clothing throughout it's entirety. i'm excited to stumble upon your blog- i'm a fellow michigander and i have found so many cute ideas and inspirations on here already!

Stephanie said...

haha, my husband and i saw hitch on our first date too! and i totally agree about love and other drugs...could have used some clothing throughout it's entirety. i'm excited to stumble upon your blog- i'm a fellow michigander and i have found so many cute ideas and inspirations on here already!

Post a Comment