pop-up shops for a cause



One great way of raising money and awareness for Japan relief efforts (as well as other charities) are pop-up shops. The artist/designer donates their time + talents, and when people buy the product the proceeds go towards helping others...I think the whole process is such a labor of love. Above are just a few I like:

1. One Thousand Wishes, by Ali Nash. Ali put together this collection of various crafting goods, many donated by herself. Proceeds go to the Red Cross for Japan (if you're interested in donating items, email me and I'll forward her letter).

2. Lomography Loves Japan. Sylvie from Lomography sent this yesterday - they've designed a special series of Diana + Fisheye cameras with proceeds going toward a 20k Red Cross donation.

3. Stitch + Connect, by Zakka Nouveau. A limited series of hand sewn goods, one available per day, with all proceeds going toward a charity of your choice.

5 comments:

Tash said...

This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

ali said...

thank you so much for spreading the word :) we're almost sold out of items! such an overwhelming response so far + we have already reached our goal of $1000! yay!

Emily said...

I love your site! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ideas - thank you for sharing these.

Brittany said...

I just ordered a Diana Mini last week and I'm really wishing I had seen these beautiful cameras first! The print on the Diana F+ is simply amazing.

Post a Comment