his+hers: weekend projects



We worked on a bunch of house projects this weekend, mostly outside because we had incredible weather (the first time since winter!). Above are both of Q's projects, since mine aren't as easy to photograph (a clean house, loads of laundry, planting bulbs, napping in the sun...).

The first are stairs Q built for our patio, the second is a box garden he made for me. I'm already excited at the thought of walking out to our patio to pick tomatoes and herbs! If I can make them survive. Still have to paint the stairs and extend the patio in front of the box garden, but we're getting there.

And, the weather was so summer-like that we ended the weekend with a walk on Sunday evening, taking pictures of the neighborhood and getting ice cream at a very crowded Coldstone on our way back. Sometimes, weekends with full to-do lists turn out to be the really good ones.



(His + Hers is a weekly series that Brooke (from Pure & Noble) and I started as a way of sharing random peeks into our daily lives. Feel free to join in on your own blog if you'd like!)

12 comments:

Brooke said...

Dang! People without kids have way more productive weekends! ha ha ha...looks amazing! Well done. xo

k said...

wow that brown house is BEAUTIFUL!

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Productive weekends are my faves!!! That was similar to ours too - the weather was just gorgeous! I love how everyone in the midwest comes out to play once it gets warm.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a glorious weekend! I'm so excited for your patio garden! We're hoping to have one by this time next year, just have to find that house to buy first!

Heather said...

Who doesn't just love a weekend that includes warm sunny weather, gardening, and ice cream!!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

mmmm i LOVE gelato!!

Kayla Poole said...

The houses in your neighborhood are so cute! I need to get on my garden...

Claire Gibson King said...

looking forward to seeing your after of your garden.

Melissa A said...

Looks great! Growing your own veggies is much better tasting than buying them at the store.

iva yaneva said...

Your man is very talented! I guess you two are the perfect creative couple :)
The box garden is such a great idea! Can't wait to see the herbs and veggies you'd be growing :) I'm sure they'd be much more delicious than the ones you can buy at the store.

p.s. I am jealous of the great weather you're having! I had to take out the sweaters again :D

amanda jane said...

wow...I'm impressed!

Heather said...

these photos are so pretty, alli! it looks like the perfect weekend!

Post a Comment