art + happy weekend


(1: nob hill by alkeemi, 2: wedding cake by paul ferney)

We've been working hard on house projects lately, and now that things are finding a place in our home, I'm feeling a little more confident about deciding which items to acquire from my (embarrassingly long) wish list.

Kayla from Exquisite Banana wrote a great post about art collecting that got me thinking about my "art wish list". These two paintings above (prints of originals) have consistently remained on the list and I'd love to add them to our home soon (bonus: the cake prints are on sale right now).

Meanwhile, hope you have a wonderful weekend - we'll be staying in and working away. Hopefully takeout and movies will be involved too. And of course the Oscars on Sunday for me (yay).

5 comments:

kribss said...

funny! i posted about the cake print sale too this morning. i want him to do a commission piece but don't know of what yet!

Kayla Poole said...

Oh Alli, we are so alike, it's almost funny. I actually just bought one of Kimia's prints the other day (cinder & smoke) and was thinking about buying one of the cake prints this morning, when I saw they were on sale. Buy these two. (I say this selfishly, as I want to see where you put them in your home!)

P.S. Thanks for the shout-out :)

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

I love those cake prints! Glad you're making progress, it can be intimidating, and that's the point of a "wish" list, right? ; )

Kimia Kline said...

Ali you're so sweet! I hope the original or print is soon hanging in your home :) xo.

Heather said...

sooo pretty! i love the soft colors and the dreamy feel to them!

Post a Comment