My Best Friend's Wedding





Hey there, it's been awhile! I've been waiting almost a year to write that post title! My best friend, who I've known since we were just babies, got married a few weeks ago in June and it was a great day to witness. Planning with her and having the privilege of being matron of honor, the thing that stuck with me most was her entire approach to the day -- she was more focused on the people sharing in the celebration than on any of the little details. Yet at the same time, all of those little details still reflected her simple style and personality so much.

So, some of the "fun" details: her mom sewed white flag garlands that we strung up everywhere the morning of -- across the old Opera House for the reception, outside along the porch, and at the entrance of the church for the ceremony. Totally felt like a scene from Downton Abbey minus (most) of the drama. And since it was Flag Day, we also incorporated paper flags with lantern centerpieces. The chalkboard table numbers were a nod to the groom being a teacher, and the take-home favors included little bags full of nostalgic candy such as peanut butter bars and strawberry candies. It reminded me of all the times growing up that we would raid an old metal cabinet at her farmhouse late at night for some of those same treats.

I only have a few photos of the actual wedding day, but just like her shower, I will share a few more from the planning process soon. Happy July to any of you still reading along!

11 comments:

Kerri said...

lovely photos! i'm glad to see you blogging again!

Kayla Poole said...

I'm still reading! I've missed your presence here. What a beautiful bride and matron of honor :-)

Claudia Bravo MacPherson said...

Hi Alli!

You look lovely! What a lucky bride to have a friend like you to help. Always enjoy what you have to share.

xo
C

Quentin said...

I love the picture of you and the bride! You look amazing, honey!

mary said...

these are beautiful!! there are lots of us still here who TOTALLY understand :) excited to see what's next here!

Gloria said...

Oh what a sweet wedding! I love the centerpieces!

Brooke said...

Stunning Alli. Absolutely stunning. You in that green dress... the daisies... the perfect white banners that set the stage... I love it. And if you are blogging or on hiatus - I am here... always. xo

rooth said...

Awww, you both look so terribly pretty and I love the colour of your dress

Kir said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day--and she is a beautiful bride.

visionwest - óptica bombarral said...

simple but lovely..
happy day


www.homesalehome.blogspot.pt/

Alta said...

Thank you for this post, Alli! It's such a beautiful reminder of that day. I'm so blessed to have you as my best friend. :)

Post a Comment