Oahu, Hawaii (Part 2)



Although I've drawn this out a tad long, here is the last part of our recent adventures in Hawaii. I think I set some kind of record for most photos taken on a vacation. Hah! I always love trying to capture places we go, but I was overwhelmed at times with the beauty of this place...every leaf and tree and bit of blue sea.





Above are a few more taken at Aulani, including the selfie that I snapped while walking around the grounds one afternoon. It's funny, even standing among it I was caught off guard by all of the lush greenery surrounding my reflection as I walked by. The cliff-side photo was taken from Makapu'u Point, which has one of my favorite views on the entire island.





Two very different roadside views while driving around -- the first of a more remote mountainside community, and the second of the ocean ahead while traveling to the north shore. In between is a glimpse of the Pearl Harbor aviation museum on Ford Island, where we explored one rainy morning and had brunch afterward at their Laniakea Cafe.


We spent our last evening at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was beautiful and deserves more than one red-leaf photo! And I couldn't end this post without another shot from the busy downtown Waikiki beach...half-buried trashcan and all, it's still a pretty nice view. ;)

8 comments:

k said...

sigh. i want to be there.

Melanie said...

Beautiful just beautiful! I always wanted to go to Hawaii but now I have to go in the next 5 years! HAVE TO! =)

Ergo - Blog

Kimia Kline said...

i love the one of the red leaf! ali, i am not at all tired of seeing hawaii photos. do not apologize! and feel free to keep posting them. :) they are making it easier for me to get through these last gray months of nyc winter.

Unknown said...

Beautiful trip :) I think I would take a about a million photos there too!

Laicie said...

Oh I love the Polynesian Cultural Center! So much fun. I've been going since I was little and I still love it.

Mary said...

Gorgeous photos! We're going to Oahu this summer for my brother's wedding, looking forward to checking out a few things from these posts!!

alli/hooray said...

Kimia, thank you...makes me feel a little less guilty : )

Laicie, that'd be amazing to have childhood memories there.

Mary, so fun! Hope you post pics!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!

Grace | polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment