weekend project...


(photo of it so far)

I finally attempted one of those diy twine light fixtures. I started off enthusiastic about my future light for-the-price-of-twine (yeah!). The excitement died about half way in, when my hands and everything else were covered in tacky glue, Q was reluctantly holding the ball while I guided the string but it kept sliding off, and my cat was determined to either lay on my lap or sniff glue (and neither of us had free hands to move her).

Eventually we gave up for the night, and it's been sitting in our front closet ever since for about a month now. Maybe this weekend I'll work up the motivation to finish it...along with some other projects. I hope you have cooler weekend plans.

10 comments:

gina said...

I have seen this diy floating around various blogs and it always seems to be a failed project. Hopefully you can make it work! It is a fantastic idea but I don't think I have the patience for it...

rooth said...

Hi! I just found your blog and really enjoy all the posts - thanks for sharing all of the terrific stationery and design ideas.

Bethany said...

Lol. I have to say that it's nice once in awhile to hear a talented designer/decorator like yourself take on a DIY project and be brave enough to tell your readers, "this project is hard and I got too annoyed to finish it." Makes me feel less like a loser when I do the same, especially since I've really wanted to try this project in particular! I've got at least 3 of my own unfinished projects shoved in closets myself. Hope you're able to finish it!

Christina said...

haha, sounds like some of the diy projects i've tried. b usually gives up on assisting me though, especially when glue is involved. hang in there. it's going to be great!

k said...

ooo good luck but that does sound frustrating!

Lilmendoza said...

loving your blog- very inspirational! keep going with this one..I bet it will turn out marvellous :D

Gloria said...

you win some, you lose some - but i have a feeling it will look amazing in the end. your glue-sniffing cat make me giggle :-)

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Haha aww, I can just picture him holding the ball while you are covered in glue. But it does look awesome! You can dooo it!!

Melissa A said...

Looks good so far. I know how it is. Finally finished a project this last weekend that took about two months because of all the paint stripping.

iva yaneva said...

Aw, so sorry for your failed project. There is still hope though! It looks really great so far :)
I can't tell you how many projects like that I've abandoned :)

Post a Comment