a gray bathroom



Here's a little board I made of our half bath along with my inspiration behind it. I thought I'd share it because this room is the smallest in our house (right off the front entryway), but it has taken more work than any other room in the house! It might not look like much yet, but the reason it took lots of work is because I had to go back and paint over a bad (really bad) dark turquoise paint job I eagerly did when we first moved in. I'm also the laziest painter ever, and had left turquoise drips all over the white trim and ceiling.

Going back and painting it all a nice Gray in February took forever - it required several coats to cover the previous color, all new white paint on the trim, window + ceiling, and working around all of the corners/nooks that a bathroom has. So the point of my story is 1) put some thought into your color choices and 2) don't be a lazy painter like me. Because it will save you a lot of work later on.

A couple things I still want to do: add some pink accents (yes/no?), give the frames a gold finish, and add a cute basket for trash (instead of hanging a plastic bag from the doorknob - haha).

Room inspiration sources (from above): 1 gray paint, 2 potted plant, 3 striped rug, 4 gold mirror.

13 comments:

Color Collective said...

i love it!! and i say yes to pink accents! cute!

Kelly said...

I love it - yes to careful painting, we had a little mishap in one of our rooms as well - tough to clean up!

Anna @ IHOD said...

Alli, that rug is perfection! Will tie everything else together!

Sandy a la Mode said...

we painted our bathroom gray.. a little darker than the one showm, but i LOVE it!! :)

coco said...

I wish I had that kind of bathroom.
Very nice!

Tash said...

You've done such a great job, love it! Yes why is it that it's always the smallest projects that turn into the largest?! I'm looking for a gray paint for our entrance room right now and this Dove paint looks great, thanks!

alison said...

I love the gray! Not sure about pink accents... what kind of pink? A warm salmon color might be nice to counter balance the cool gray.

Justine @ Urban Scarlet said...

you did a fantastic job so far! you can never go wrong with grey (in my opinion) -- lovin' the clean simplicity!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

this is looking great so far - grey is the perfect neutral - timeless, but also so current. and that striped rug - so simple but making me swoon!

yiqin; said...

wow, nice :)

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

I love the grey!! Looks perfect in your bathroom. Pink accents would be so pretty!

Kristina said...

Love the grey colour - looks super nice! A small touch of pink would fit, but I would favor the gold accents on th frame!
And for sure a small trash can :)
Lovely!

Alie said...

Ooooh la la! LOVE this combo, especially the rug and plant:).

Post a Comment