fall soup

With this chillier weather, we've been eating tons of creamy soup. It started a few weekends ago when I had the cold/flu and all I wanted was broccoli cheddar soup & bread for three days straight. Since then we've been eating it more than I'd like to admit because it's just so good.



(images: 1 martha stewart, 2 sugarcrafter)

To make a quick and easy creamy soup, I just use bases from the store (like cream of cheddar or tomato), and then toss in veggies we have on hand - broccoli, potato, onion, spinach, shredded carrot, etc. Serve with warm crusty bread for the perfect fall meal.

8 comments:

Heather J said...

Oh yum! I love soup. I'll have to try making some by uses the bases as you suggest. Sounds easy enough. :)

Monika - Twoja Asystentka said...

It looks so lovely! and I also love creamy soups, they always warm you up!!! Take care!

Truly Smitten said...

This is making me crave butternut squash soup....and hope you are feeling better now!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I love this time of year because it is soup weather! These look so good!

Kaira Klueber said...

Looks delicious! I'm not the strongest in the kitchen, but maybe I can try my hand at it in the coming weeks. Love Fall!

copywaitress said...

it looks delicious, I'll try to make it, thank you for sharing :) I've been eating tons of pumpkin soup lately :)

tons of kisses to you:)

Unknown said...

us too! and the best part about the big pot of soup that the recipe's usually call for, is that it lasts for like a week worth of lunch's... totally boring, but friendly on my wallet:) the bf and i have been searching for a really good pumpkin soup recipe. no luck yet though!

Jennifer Young said...

ooo this looks delicious! definitely gonna make soup tonight...
j.

Post a Comment