tag sale

This weekend I'm having my first yard sale at our house and two of my friends are bringing over some of their stuff to sell, too. I'm actually pretty excited about it, to 1) get rid of stuff, 2) make some extra cash, and 3) set up and organize the display. I've been reading all the tips and tricks to having a successful sale, so I think I'm ready - we even have refreshments and music (radio) planned so it's basically a party on my lawn this Saturday.



(images by thayer allyson gowdy via real simple)

PS. Some fun articles about tag sales on Real Simple, Woman's Day, and Young House Love.

11 comments:

wakako said...

oh how fun!!! looking forward to some photos after Saturday!
-wakako

Cassi said...

Oh man, I had been planning a yard sale myself for this coming weekend for the passed two months, until I received an invitation to my cousin-to-be's bridal shower this Sat...oh well, maybe next weekend. Good luck and sell sell sell! :)

OneCraftyFox said...

Oh, it sounds like fun!! Best of luck with it all, I hope the weather is absolutely perfect for you :)

and flowers pick themselves said...

lovely shots from a lovely magazine.

:)

xo Alison

Sandy a la Mode said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE going to estate, yard, garage sales and finding treasures in other people's trash hehe!! kind of like my love for antique shopping tooo! =)

Anonymous said...

We had such an amazing weekend going to yard sales and found this perfect mid-century chair for $20. http://yfrog.com/2g85wj

Good luck with yours and I hope the weather's nice.

Unknown said...

ooh, i wish we had garage sales around here that looked like your pictures:) that won't stop me from going and digging through the junk though! you never know what gems you'll find:)
good luck with yours!

Anna @ IHOD said...

okay you probably had the cutest tag sale! :)

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Oh that sounds so fun! I'm sure it will be a huge success! Wish I could come! : )

Isaac Rubinstein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isaac Rubinstein said...

And if you still have stuff left after the yard sale, list it for sale online on www.PrivateGarageSale.com
It's absolutely free - no fees or commissions whatsoever.

Post a Comment