lived-in kitchen

I recently saw It's Complicated and fell in love with the set design. Meryl's character owns an incredible bakery/gourmet shop, and also has the most beautiful kitchen (one of the highlights of the movie for me). I loved the charming, clean-yet-lived-in look to it:



(via remodelista)

I think there's a fine balance between "lived-in" and messy, and they pulled it off well. Normally a counter lined with kitchen gadgets would be my worst nightmare (I get ocd about organizing), but the movies make it look so good.

9 comments:

this free bird said...

I haven't seen the movie, but now I might have to so I can stare at this kitchen. There's a little too much stuff on the counter for me (I've got a couple issues), but other than that - love it and would love to get baking in it right now, too!

Anna @ IHOD said...

I love the warm and cozy feel to it. Great style.

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Oh my gosh I'm obsessed with the kitchen in that movie!!! Have you seen Something's Gotta Give? One of my favorites, and the house is to die for!

kribss said...

its so cozy! i've had this movie for awhile now- got myself a bootleg copy and i keep forgetting to watch it!

Quindome said...

I know! Whenever they were in the kitchen, which was a lot, I got distracted and lost out on parts of the story!

size too small said...

i know what you mean- i've always wanted a movie set designer to come and do my house. they're always so much more cozy and lovely than anything interior designers do.

alex t said...

i totally agree! i just watched the movie on the plane ride to germany with my little one passed out on my lap! i loved meryl streep's style throughout the whole movie - she has an excellent hat on while gardening. did you catch that? i was really quite pleasantly distracted during the whole movie by the aesthetics.

Cassie said...

I think the kitchen and bakery were the best things about that movie! I loved them but I particularly loved her garden - it was especially gorgeous.
xx

Amanda said...

Such a beautiful kitchen - I still haven't seen this movie... must get it out soon...

Post a Comment