keeping cozy in october

Hooray for the 1st day of October! I gave it until noon before turning on my heat, as it was down to 60 degrees in here. When it starts to get chilly like this, we try our best to keep it warm and very cozy in our home. Here's what it's starting to look like around here...

bowls of crisp apples


stacks of colorful napkins



new wall cubby to keep mail organized ($5 at Ikea, originally $35)



round baby pumpkins (meet Jack, isn't he cute?)


Am I the only one that buys pie pumpkins just to admire?

6 comments:

Jess LC said...

I have a pie pumpkin next to my TV right now! My boyfriend names our pumpkin each year. Last year's was Jeremy. This year he's Malcolm.

alli/hooray said...

Jess - Malcolm is such a cute name.

simplesong said...

love these photos. and can hardly believe its already october!

Rachel Follett said...

Great warm colors! Love your pie pumpkin!

_ffyona said...

Aww i love that wall cubby and that lovely pumpkin placed on it!

Melissa A said...

Yes, I just had to turn up the heat as well. I was asking my husband the other night, how come it is so cold in the house and realized I had the thermometer on cool instead of heat. I love all the things of fall. Turning leaves, apples and pumpkins. Your apples look very yummy.

Post a Comment